|Rev. Steve Brietbarth, Serving Since 2003|
Rev. Steve Breitbarth, M. Div., LMFT, CISD
· Married with three adult married sons; 2 grandsons & 2 granddaughters
· Pastor Grace Lutheran Church, Chisholm, MN since 1980. Retired 2015
· Master of Divinity 1980
· Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Fairview 1979
· Minnesota Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
· Member & Master Level Credentials with International Conference of Police Chaplians (ICPC)
· International Conference of Police Chaplains Certified Instructor
· NIMS Certified (700, 100, 200, 300 & 400)
· Member of Minnesota Coalition for Death Education and Support
· Team Leader Crisis Intervention Team Lutheran Church Missouri Synod National Youth Gatherings 2001 & 2004 of 35,000 teens
· Member of Head of the Lakes CISM Team
· State Team Leader Lutheran Church Crisis Consultation & Support Team
· Member of the local Hospital Ethics Committee
· Over 31 years experience in Grief Counseling plus over 15 years with local Hospice Program.
· 26 years experience working with the treatment of chemical dependency.
· 23 years experience facilitating family program for those affected by chemical dependency.
· Counselor for court mandated spouse abuse counseling.
· 31+ years experience in working with and leading youth programs.
· Speaker and Volunteer Advocate for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault for 32 years having conducted over 600 presentations.
· Member of the local school crisis intervention team
· Trained in Critical Incident Stress Debriefing; Member of the Head of the Lakes Critical Incident Stress Management Team
· Co-author of MN North District Guidelines Lutheran Church for addressing “Misconduct of a Sexual Nature” among church professionals.
· Author of Lutheran Church Synodical curriculum “Sexual Ethics for Congregations” copyright 1996 (second printing 2000).